Hampton Court Flower Show July 2017

I always look forward to Hampton Court Flower Show - I love the Foral Marquee, The Rose Marquee and looking at the gardens designed by well-known garden designers and featured on the daily television programme from Hampton Court.   I went this year with cousin Sue, and we were quite disappointed.  It was Sue's first visit and she wanted especially to see the featured gardens. Sadly they were all dotted about and we did not see many of them.   I was not disappointed in the Floral Marquee - that was as full of plant displays as usual.  However, it was a completely different story in the Rose Marquee- it was only about half the size it normally is. The Floral Display marquee was the same with very few displays.  What there was a lot of were food areas - at least three, where there used to be only a couple of small food areas.   I felt this year that the RHS had misread the title of the show - it was more or less a Food Show, indeed, there was apparently a Food marquee, but we did not find it.    

I did take a few photographs.  I hope you enjoy them.

The Floral Marquee













Streptocarpus "Polka-Dot Red"
 

Streptocarpus "Polka-Dot Purple" 
Some of the Designer Gardens






The Rose Marquee



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023

Hartland Quay and Westward Ho, N. Devon. June 2023