Weekend visit to Västerås, Sweden - The Pelargonium Show

.Earlier this year I received an email from Anne, a member of the Pelargonium and Geranium Society who lives in Sweden.  She was visiting relatives here in the UK and wondered if she would be able to visit any private pelargonium collections.  I was happy to invite her to visit me and she and her cousin duly arrived one afternoon in spring.   It was wonderful to chat 'pelargonium', cuttings were exchanged and a friendship made.  Later in the year Anne invited me over for the weekend to visit her local pelargonium club's annual show.  I had the most wonderful time.  Anne made me very welcome, as did the members of Mälardalens Pelargonvänner.

Västerås is located in central Sweden, 100km west of Stockholm and located on the shore of Lake Mälaren.  The show itself was held in the grounds of Vallby Open Air Museum.   A village of old Swedish properties re-located from all over Sweden

The Show
The Show was held in the old Mission Hall






Apologies for the poor quality of this photo - one of the ones taken on my phone.  I wanted to show the old wood stove inside the Mission Hall






The Plant Sale held outside







Display of scented pelargoniums












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Morris Dancers in Horsham - May 2023

Hartland Quay and Westward Ho, N. Devon. June 2023